How to Make Your House Look Spacious and Bright
It is the dream of every homeowner to have a well decorated home. However, you will not appreciate any decorations when the place is enclosed and dark. Some houses have large windows allowing much light coming in, while others have small windows. But, there are some ways you can apply in order to maximize the light inside your house. So, here are some things you can do to improve your home in terms of light and space.
1. One of the best things you can do is to choose a plain and light color for your wall. Doing this makes your place appear bigger and brighter. The problem with using dark colors and bold patterns is that they make your space look enclosed. You can maximize your space by using light, plain and smooth wall. Having a plain wall doesn’t mean making your place very plain because you can always add the right accessories to make it personal and homely. This is very important if you are planning to sell your property in the years to come. In the future, redecorating your home is not hard because plain white wall is likeable to everyone.
2. To let more light coming in, then consider replacing your windows and doors. A door with large glass panels can improve the light coming in the room. Or, you can add a sliding glass patio door. When it comes to your windows, you can ask some local window companies for some quotations. The newer models available in the market can give you several advantages like energy efficiency. This makes spending some worth it.
3. Having a large mirror inside the room can also help. This will not only bring in personality but also makes your room brighter. This can be achieved through positioning the mirror opposite to the window allowing the light to bounce around. Mirrors are a great addition in any of your room.
4. Carefully select blinds and curtains to be added. You can choose a blackout roller blind and thin curtains. So, you can easily roll down the blinds to make the room dark and roll to the top to allow light coming in. And with thinner curtains, you can achieve the desired look of your window without having to keep the light.
5. Lastly, have more lamps and lights. The more lights and lamps you have, the more bright your room will be. For your larger rooms, consider having table lamps and statement floor lamp.
These are the different things you can do to make your home appear bright and spacious.